Sunday, September 14, 2014

Am a Nervous wreck ! But hey it is Diwali

This post deserved to posted earlier, but it was shrunk into 70 words into a Facebook status.But now that i have the time to think through it, i would want to share this adrenaline inducing incident in detail.

End of the months are always painful, the couple of thousand rupees are what generally what saves you from the ignominy of asking money from family or friends. This was during 2013 Diwali, I was in Ahmedabad and maa was anxious to know when i would come home, thanks to lack of proper planning i got my tickets at the last minute at a decent price and not at a throwaway price. 

Satisfied that i had a plan, I bought tons of food items for home as i was going home as the reason for festivities (Mom and Dad could not celebrate as we had lost a family member). My Flight was at 6.50 in the evening so i decided to take my luggage and leave from office directly by about 4.30 so that i can check in properly. I have a certain luxury that i commute to office everyday with my manager as it gives us half an hour to joke and laugh around or discuss some issues which have been unable to cover   

 Armed with my luggage we started the day as usual and while i was keeping my luggage,  Krishna (My Manager, Friend and Literally a pillar of support :D ) asked me about specifics of the travel and when i mentioned that i planned to take a cab he offered to drop me at the airport as he was also leaving early. ("Eureka feeling, ah am saving 1500 Rs for Cab charges as well as No luggage entry hassle into office") to which i was overwhelmed and we decided we would leave by 4.30 PM so that i can reach the airport by 5.40 Pm. We did not discuss after that about the travel and started our work. I suddenly noticed that we had parallel meetings and when i wrapped up my work by 4.15 i could not find him. Couple of minutes later i realized that he was caught up in a meeting. The thought of missing the flight and missing Diwali made me quiver. I was pacing through the office hoping for an idea or rather a miracle. Suddenly Krishna mentioned we can start by 5. I made sure everything was ready including his bag and i was so preoccupied and that when Krishna asked me to slow down and not run i yelled "Am a nervous wreck what do you expect miss Diwali" he was taken aback and till this day has never forgotten about it though we joke about it on a lighter note.

We started and i was sitting there in stoic silence, part anger part despair.
 I started praying to the gods to help in avoiding slow moving vehicles and toll queues
 Suddenly there was a hope i could reach, then there was another twist, Krishna asked me what would happen if i miss the flight, i asked why out of the blue moon would you ask the question, He reminded a fact which sent chills down y Spine, He had recently received his car and the number plate was not fixed it was a piece of paper which was stuck and in the daily commute routine it flew away, What if while entering the Airport the security goods stop, It is 1.5 Km's to the Gate from the entrance. Having taken all the chances Krishna said we would just waltz through, I was praying not to get anyone in trouble, thankfully no one stopped us and i reached near the entrance by 6.05 Pm, i had 5 minutes time before the window was closing, I ran as fast as i could with the luggage past the two police officers who got suspicious and at the next point i was asked for reason and they had a laugh when i told am trying to rush in for the Chennai flight as the window was closing, he showed me the queue of 15 people who were waiting ahead of me and wished me all the best, I ran to the front to verify if the queue was for Chennai flight and they confirmed and said they had extended the boarding time window to accommodate all. Finally after 20 mins when i got the boarding pass there was a sense of relief and i forgot to check my phone and saw 15 unanswered calls all from parents, i called them after the security check and told them i was on my way nothing more nothing less :) Later i narrated the whole incident to them

There is one thing which i get reminded of through this incident and that is the great words from Alchemist "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Cheers
Arvind !! 

3 comments:

Krishna Chakravarthy said...

You failed to mention about the Transporter type driving

Unknown said...

Thank you for post and your blog. My friend showed me your blog and I have been reading it ever since.
Shree Padma Nrityam Academy | SPNAPA | Padma Subrahmanyam

Unknown said...

Thank you for post and your blog. My friend showed me your blog and I have been reading it ever since.
Spoken English training | Workplace English for employees | Communicative English training centre

Thank you for reading my blog

Thank you for reading my blog