Sunday, February 7, 2010

I Perform but ?

One good quality I am pretty boastful about and which I have newly inculcated is my ability to break out and interact with people.

This happened with an IT professional who was waiting at a local bus stop and was struggling to find the transport to his residence and fortunately we were travelling to the same location and I started up a conversation with him the guy who was quite distressed because he was new to the city and had lost his main source of communication i.e. his mobile phone and I felt that I need to help him and he opened out his ideas thoughts and emotions ! He had joined one of the leading American organizations which had a strong base in Chennai and he was basically from Mangalore.

After brief Introductions we had a discussion on the HR and the role of recruitment though he was not a HR but his knowledge of the subject was commendable he was talking about the various offers he had from Indian Companies which were aimed at enticing him to offer his services in those organization but he chose not to work for Indian organizations because of pay related reasons which I will magnify but one thing which I was stunned by was his desire to work for an Indian organization and to start up his own enterprise. His reasons for not working with Indian org. were

1) For a certain position your experience is counted first even before your talent
2) No emphasis about you! You are a part of the Ocean
3) Lack of proper motivation
And finally the biggest reason was

The pay package! The pay package was the key area and it was not the monetary part which affected him it was the incentive and fixed part. He said that if you are working for an Indian firm they give you hypothetically 60,000 as fixed and 1, 20, 000 as variable while it’s almost the same in American based organizations the crucial difference was how the term Variable came

1) In Indian firm variable is based on Company's performance
2) In a American based organization the variable is individually calculated by performing certain duties and goals set by them

His major bone of contention for an Indian firm was "Arey i will perform well but I know some other person will screw up so why should I take a hit for that"

For all the Psychologists Gen Y is rocking!!

Cheers

Arvind


IndiBlogger - The Indian Blogger Community

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Easily I agree but I contemplate the list inform should secure more info then it has.

Arvind Srikantan said...

The list of factors is not what i have researched on ! It is purely a list based on the opinions of the individual who expressed it with me !

Thank you for reading my blog

Thank you for reading my blog