Wednesday, August 29, 2007

avaniavittam

it is that part of the year which is despised by most of the tamil brahmin boys esp who have stayed outside tamilnadu..................it is avaniavittam..by far the most important event for a brahmachari......this is a three part event which has samitadanam on the first day and on the D-day it consists of samitadanam as well as homam and then on the last day gayatri japam to complete the sequence.....well as it started to do samithadanam on the first day i had to bunk the last 2 hrs of coll which i did pretty happily..in the comfort of my room i did it sucessfully it consists of a small havan and i sucessfully completed it though i was affected by the smoke.....the next day the D day arrived..got up at 4.30 in the mornin cause i had my CAT classes dint want to bunk that so had ma shave(which is compulsory for a bramachari) ma bath and quickly finished up my second dose of samithadanam and sandhyavandanam by 6.15.........when i saw the clock i was dumbstruck i had to rush to my class there came my super dad to rescue....i tht of takin the car but unfortunately ma class does not have a car park and i dont have a liecense...lol....so ma dad jus dropped me on his activa by 6.25 and to my surprise class dint start then we were greeted by a old man who had come to take DI and the encounter with him is a different story then rushed back home by 8.40 to go with ma dad to the near by temple for the pooja........it was supposed to start by 8.30 but started by 8.50 and my god the spped at which those vadhyars were reciting those mantras......valentino rossi better watch out........in ma 12 yrs i had never seen someone utter the vedas at such a speed and then add to it i had a insane old man to help my troubles who was pestering me to do according to him he was having another book and was at some spped of sound then finally to my amazement it got over at 9.40 which was the shortest ever avaniavittam i ever had then came back home had ma breakfast.....then some studies then had an amazing good lunch prepared by mom and sister.....finally i did the tjird samithadanam and sandhyavandanam that evening and chanted 1008 gayatri japams this mornin to finish this year's chapter in avaniavittam come next year again those mantram books have to be ruffled and the panchapatram have to be cleaned till then masti...................

No comments:

Thank you for reading my blog

Thank you for reading my blog